What Does CSC Do?
- Do you feel sick when you are at work, but the symptoms go away when you leave work?
- Are your tenants complaining of poor indoor air quality?
- Do you smell an odor that causes you to be uncomfortable?
The air we breathe is as precious as life itself. And yet, every day millions of people are subjected to indoor air pollutants that not only make them sick, they may even be life threatening. Naturally, this has become an important quality-of-life issue that has resulted in millions of dollars of litigation.
What is "Good Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)" or what does CSC verify in your building? If needed, CSC can verify that your building is:
- As good as, or better than, outdoors
- Comfortable for 80% or more of the occupants
- No offensive odors reported
- The temperature is acceptable
- The humidity is acceptable
- Free of known hazards at concentrations of concern, including:
- Chemical contaminants
- Biological contaminants
- Dust/particulate matter
- Energy (Noise, UV, EMF, Microwave, etc.)
- Does not violate laws, standards, or accepted guidelines (i.e. ASHRAE, NESHAPS, OSHA, JCAHO, etc.)
At CSC, we are experts at determining what causes unacceptable indoor environmental quality. For example, we have diagnosed buildings that do not "breathe properly", do not provide enough fresh air through the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system, were made with harmful synthetic materials, or simply were too hot or too humid. New reasons for indoor air problems are being discovered all the time.
We know that a thorough inspection is an important first step. This includes both a visual walk-through of the building and then a careful measuring of pollutant levels utilizing on-site diagnostic instruments. Once we have determined any and all real or potential sources of contaminants, we will devise an abatement plan and maintenance program that will ensure that occupants of the building always have clean air to breathe.
Examples of Services
- Building Related Illness (BRI)
- Carbon monoxide
- Chlorine gas
- Clandestine laboratories (i.e. Methamphetamine)
- Concrete moisture testing
- Construction dust control/testing
- Dust mites
- Fiberglass exposure
- Floods (Category 1, 2 and/or 3)
- Hormone exposure monitoring
- Industrial hygiene
- Infrared moisture surveys
- Litigation support
- Lead Based Paint
- Legionnaires disease
- Mercury contamination
- Mercury vapor bulbs
- Mold/Fungal contamination
- MSDS review
- MRSA Vector control
- Nosocomial & occupational infection
- Odor investigations
- Off-gassing of building materials
- OSHA Personnel exposure monitoring
- OSHA Workplace compliance survey
- Pollution prevention
- Post mortem scene
- Regulatory agency violations
- Respirable dust
- Sewer gas infiltration
- Sick Building Syndrome (SBS)
- Smoke contamination
- Ventilation efficiency monitoring
- Vector Control
- Vinyl-backed carpet
- Wood rot fungi
- Zinc whiskers
How is CSC Qualified?
Clark Seif Clark, Inc. (CSC) professionals possess the pertinent education, relevant certifications, and appropriate licenses that qualify us to provide you with highest level of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) consulting. We perform your work in line with applicable industry standards and guidelines at a fair price. Beyond our firm foundation, CSC personnel has the education, experience and credibility that set our bar of excellence high. Our experts in the field have completed many projects at schools, hospitals & health care facilities, industrial, clean rooms (ISO), commercial and residential properties. Our clients in this field are from the public and private sectors.
To add to our appeal, take a moment to consider our diversity of services, our highly rated insurance coverage, our multiple office locations, our flexible hours, and our in-house scientific equipments. It's easy to see why so many clients rely on CSC to help them get the job done.
- Examples of our personnels Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) Certifications
- American Council for Accredited Certifications - Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications - Certified Indoor Environmentalist (CIE)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications - Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications - Certified Indoor Air Quality Consultant (CIAQC)
- American Council for Accredited Certifications - Certified Indoor Air Quality Investigator (CIAQI)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP)
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Certified Indoor Air Quality Technician (CIAQT)
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABH) Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP)